Creating an environment that is both supportive and positive for students as well as the teacher does not happen by chance. Just grouping four students at a table in no way ensures a cooperative group.
The SET (students, environment, & teacher) model will be explored and tools shared that will aid educators in developing a community of learning environment in classrooms at any grade level.
- Community of Learning: An Introduction
- The Environment
- Setting & Developing Norms of Cooperative Learning
- The First Two Weeks
- Planning that Supports a Community of Learning Environment
- Students Taking Ownership
- Sample Activities that Promote Collaboration
- What About Assessment?
- Next Steps
Basic + and Custom level participants will have the opportunity to work with Tammy in live support sessions.
Upon successful completion of the Basic course, participants will get a certificate for 9 hours of PD credit.
Upon successful completion of the Basic+ course, participants will get a certificate for 15 hours of PD credit.
PD credit hours will be determined by the local district/school for the Custom course.